Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I was most afraid of...

When I was younger I was especially scared of the dark. I still am a little scared of the dark. Knowing that even though there probally wasnt anything around a dark corner in my house, the possibility of the unknown still scared me. I would a lot of the time wake up and have to run to turn a light on because I was afraid of the dark after a nightmere. The dark would also bring on a lot of nightmeres I had. This relates a lot with the boys from Lord of the Flies because their fears of the "beast" all feel so real to them even though the reality of it being real is very slim. They littluns are also afraid of the dark and often see the beast at nightime.

3 comments:

  1. This is good. I still remember when we were little and we would hide, because we were scared of the dark. I was always scared of the shed in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice connection back to the novel. You will recall my basement story in class! Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty pumped about the fact that I'm not the only one afraid of the dark.

    ReplyDelete